Introducing the The Gospel Project
Over the next month I will be using my blog to introduce The Gospel Project to the parents at my church. We will begin using the Gospel Project material in Sunday school starting with the Fall quarter that begins on September 2nd. I have been in ministry full time for almost 7 years now, and I have never found a curriculum that I am overly excited about…until now. The Gospel Project is designed for whole church use – kids, youth, and adults – though we will only be utilizing it with our kindergartners through youth classes. Today I want to introduce you to the children’s material.
The Gospel Project for Kids is a Christ-centered Bible study resource that follows a chronological timeline of Bible events—presenting the story of redemption through Jesus like kids have never seen it before! Each week, these stories come to life through video, music, activities, and more. Below is an introductory video for the children.
Over the next month I will be sharing a lot about The Gospel Project, and I may just be blowing up your Facebook newsfeed for a while. I am thankful for the Gospel Project on so many levels. I simply cannot express the excitement I have going into the Fall quarter as I look forward to using this material for our kindergartners through youth.
Just to let you in on a little bit of info behind The Gospel Project curriculum, I would like to share with you the list of Christian leaders who were consulted when developing this curriculum. This list may not mean a lot to you if you are not familiar with the names, but trust me when I say that these men and women are some of the brightest and most gifted leaders in our world today.
- Ed Stetzer – General Editor of The Gospel Project, President of LifeWay Research
- Treven Wax – Managing Editor of The Gospel Project, former missionary and pastor in Romania
- D.A. Carson – Professor of New Testament, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, Ill.
- Matt Chandler – Pastor, The Village Church, Dallas, Texas
- James MacDonald – Senior Pastor, Harvest Bible Chapel, Chicago, Ill.
- Daniel Akin – President, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Wake Forest, N.C.
- J.D. Greear – Lead Pastor, The Summit Church, Durham, N.C.
- Eric Mason – Lead Pastor, Epiphany Fellowship, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Kimberly Thornbury – Dean of Students, Union University, Jackson, Tenn.
- Jay Noh – Director of Missional Leadership and Mobilization, Chicago Baptist Association, Chicago, Ill.
- Joe Thorn – Lead Pastor, Redeemer Fellowship, St. Charles, Ill.
- Juan Sanchez – Preaching Pastor, High Pointe Baptist Church, Austin, Texas
- Collin Hansen – Editorial Director, The Gospel Coalition / Editor-at-Large,Christianity Today, Montvale, N.J.
Lastly, here is a video of Matt Chandler, pastor of the Village Church in Dallas, TX, introducing the main idea behind The Gospel Project.
Have a Blessed Day!